Starting in October 2021, on the 1st of each month we randomly select one station in each of the categories below. The winner is the person who takes the most creative selfie at that station during the month - there will be a thread for each month in which to post them. If there are multiple entries by the end of the month then Patreons and staff will vote on which they think is the most creative. The selfie doesn't have to contain the station name, but if it doesn't it must still be clearly recognisable as the relevant station. Except for stations in more than one category (e.g. ones served by both National Rail and London Underground), where the picture must be of either the part relevant to the category selected or of a common part of the station, there is no restriction on where on, in or outside the station the selfie is taken.
After a year there will be a small prize for the person with the most points in each category, and maybe some bonus prizes too (still to be decided).
The categories are:
- National Rail - subdivided by region:
- East Midlands (Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire and Rutland)
- East of England (Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk)
- London (City of London and Greater London)
- Manchester, Merseyside and Cheshire
- North of England (Cleveland, County Durham, Cumbria, Lancashire, Middlesborough, Northumberland, Stockton and Redcar and Tyne and Wear)
- South Central England (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Oxfordshire)
- South East England (East Sussex, Kent, Surrey and West Sussex)
- South West England (Bristol, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire)
- West Midlands (Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands and Worcestershire)
- Yorkshire and the Humber (East Riding of Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire)
- London Underground and DLR
- Light Rail and Trams (excluding the DLR)
- Heritage (including heritage tramways)
- Bonus (one station that received no entries when it was a station of the month in one of the categories above)
The current stations of the month are displayed in the image above, and in text format in the Google Sheets document linked below. To submit your photos just find the current month's thread in the
#challenges-on-our-lines channel on Discord. The full list of current, past and future stations in each category are also in the Google Sheets document.
Current Stations - May 2022