|On Our Lines plays SimSig|
|2 - East Coast Mainline|
|Date||13 February 2021|
|Simulations in use||King's Cross, Peterborough and Royston|
|Sim date||15 April 2010|
|Service alerts||All routes -|
On Our Lines' second SimSig Session is taking place on Saturday 13 February 2021. The Session will consist of a chain between King's Cross, Peterborough and Royston power signal boxes. All are free simulations. There are panels to suit all abilities available, and newcomers are welcome. The Session will be available to join from around 1845 for a 1900 start. You can join at any time for the pre-session chat. We will have a halftime break at 2200, and anticipate finishing the session at around 0100; please let us know if you need to leave before then.
To sign up please edit the page and in the Participants section at the bottom enter your user name, your availability, experience level and which paid simulations you have, if any; if you have a preferred panel you can also list it here although this cannot be guaranteed.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Good morning East Coast signallers, this is your update from Network Rail regional control at 0800 hours. We currently have no reported incidents across the area and all routes are running with a good service.
All areas[edit | edit source]
There is no information of note.
King's Cross[edit | edit source]
A good service is operating on all routes. There is a platform alteration at King's Cross, with platform one blocked by a four-car unit until 0915, vice platform 7.
6E52 has been diverted via Welwyn, vice Hertford loop, due to the driver not having the appropriate route knowledge. Signallers are requested to regulate this train as appropriate to ensure it does not leave the King's Cross area significantly early.
Royston[edit | edit source]
A good service is operating on all routes.
Peterborough[edit | edit source]
There has been some localised late running of first southbound services due to congestion in the Peterborough area. Late running 1P54 is to be looped at Sandy to allow 1A05 to pass.
Panel allocations[edit | edit source]
|Region Controller on Duty:|
|Power Signal Box||Controller on duty||Panel||Signaller on duty|
|King's Cross (K)||Cross|
|Peterborough (P)||Hitchin-Tempsford||Until 1000 |
|Helpston-Stoke||Until 1130 |
Incident log[edit | edit source]
- 0800 - Signal failure at New England north junction (reported 0825)
- 0810 - Points failure at Sandy
- 0815 - Dispatch issues at Hertford North due to staff shortage
- 0815 - Track circuit failure at Tallington.
- 0842 - Highbury & Islington closed due to overcrowding
- 0903 - Hertford North now fully staffed
- 0913 - 1A91 reports fire bells sounding as leaving Welwyn Tunnel. Train is just berthed within Welwyn North station.
- 0921 - Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Fire Officer Trevor Townsend on site at Welwyn North.
- 0923 - Network Rail Mobile Operations Manager Fran Franklin on site at Welwyn North.
- 0930 - Highbury & Islington now fully open.
- 1000 - Down Fast at Welwyn North now open to diesel traffic only.
- 1018 - Overhead Line Equipment now re-energised at Welwyn North on the Down Fast only.
- 1034 - Level crossing infringement at Everton Crossing. Level crossing barriers struck by HGV.
- 1112 - Person under train at Essex Road. All lines blocked.
- 1138 - Points failure at Sandy resolved.
- 1148 - Coupling of rescue locomotive 1Z99 completed. On the move 1154 to Welwyn sidings.
- 1157 - Essex Road all clear given.
Participants[edit | edit source]
- Any Panel on Peterborough Preferred. Around all day and evening
- - A Peterborough panel if possible please
- - preferably Welwyn or Hitchin panel, please.
- - Welwyn, Hitchin or Peterborough (Available until about 2300hr)
- - available anywhere, no relevant £ sims
- - Any panel on KGX, preference of Palace.